Duration: One year
Anticipated need: 5-10 hours per week
Pay: $25 per hour
The Siren Nation Program & Administrative Coordinator is a contract-based position, anticipated to last for at least one year. This position has a strong focus on the nonprofit arts sector and on centering women, nonbinary, and gender-expansive arts leaders.
Main areas of responsibility:
The coordinator will manage Siren Nation’s social media accounts, email newsletter, and other marketing communications; help organize educational programs; assist with grant writing or administration; and perform general administrative duties as needed.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, clear communicator, and have strong creative skills. They will also bring their own ideas to the table.
The Siren Nation Board will work closely with the Program & Administrative Coordinator.
We encourage a culture of open dialogue, respect, and collaboration.
Specific duties for this position include:
- Managing social media posts for Siren Nation across Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, and Facebook. Promoting Siren Nation’s events and seeking out appropriate topics/stories related to Siren Nation’s mission. (Posts can be prescheduled through Buffer.)
- Creating and sending semi-monthly Siren Nation email newsletters through Mailchimp.
- Assisting in creating blog content, event descriptions, website content, ads, and other marketing collateral.
- Designing basic graphics as needed for social media.
- Performing basic video editing (editing skills are a plus, if within skill set) and posting to Siren Nation’s YouTube Channel.
- Assisting with writing and collecting materials for grant opportunities identified by the Board.
- Aiding in researching grant and fundraising opportunities; maintaining our grant tracker; performing grant administration tasks.
- Collaborating to organize educational programs, contact speakers and workshop leaders, collect information needed for marketing, and set up Eventbrite registration.
- Forming and strengthening partnerships with other nonprofits, community organizations, and business partners.